This grant round will focus on supporting LGBTQIA+ refugees and people seeking asylum.
We encourage projects that are collaborations between refugee and asylum seeker agencies and LGBTQIA+ groups. The projects should aim to assist LGBTQIA+ people who are refugees or seeking asylum in any of the following areas:
- Improving access to stable housing
- Enhancing support for community connection and settlement
- Enhancing cultural engagement and development
- Building evidence
- Improving LGBTQIA+ inclusive practice in services
- Improving mental health and wellbeing.
The grant would focus on nationally-applicable projects over a 1-2 year period through one or more of:
- Community development, or
- Education initiatives, or
- Applied, community-led research with tangible outcomes in the field, or
- Events or conferences