PFA X SIDNEY MYER FUND MAJOR GRANT ROUND 2, 2021
The PFA Board of Directors and the Sidney Myer Fund are pleased to announce our next joint funding round, to the value of $20,000.
Last Updated 07/07/2021
What will the funding be for
This grant round will focus on supporting LGBTQIA+ refugees and people seeking asylum.
We encourage projects that are collaborations between refugee and asylum seeker agencies or groups and LGBTQIA+ agencies or groups. Where an LGBTIQ+ refugee-led group is partnering with another organisation we encourage equal partnerships and co-design. One of the organisations/groups must have DGR status. Projects should aim to assist LGBTQIA+ people who are refugees or seeking asylum in any of the following areas:
- Improving access to stable housing,
- Enhancing education and/or workforce participation
- Enhancing support for community connection and improving settlement outcomes
- Improving health and/or health literacy
- Supporting links to LGBTIQ services and supports
- Enhancing cultural engagement and development
- Improving LGBTQIA+ inclusive practice in services.
Types of projects
Projects may have a duration of up to two years and include any of the following:
- Community development, or
- Education initiatives, or
- Applied, community-led research with tangible outcomes in the field, or
- Events including arts and cultural or conferences.
The following activities will not be funded
- Capital and building works, vehicles, furniture or equipment
- General fund-raising
- Travel, books, religious activities.
Applying for this grant
Applicants must submit an expression of interest by email to PFA using the appropriate form by 5pm Friday 27 August 2021.
Those short listed will be advised by 10th September and will be invited to submit a full application using the Sidney Myer Fund online application system by Sunday 10 October 2021.
The successful applicant will be advised in December, with the project to start no earlier than 1st January 2022.