FUNDING FOR PEER-LED SUPPORT GROUPS FOR LGBTIQA+ REFUGEES AND PEOPLE SEEKING ASYLUM IN AUSTRALIA
Pride Foundation Australia is seeking applications from existing or new peer-led support groups for LGBTIQA+ refugees and people seeking asylum in Australia. We particularly encourage groups in smaller cities and regional areas to apply. Up to $5,000 (no GST) is available for each group to be used over a 12-month period.
Last Updated 08/06/2020
What will the funding be for
The funding may be for regular group meetings (face-to-face and/or virtual), or for occasional gatherings, as needed locally.
Applications must be led by LGBTIQA+ refugees and/or people seeking asylum and supported by an organisation that is willing and able to host the support group. Such organisations may be LGBTIQA+ community organisations, or refugee and asylum seeker organisations, or other community-based groups. PFA can provide assistance to find an appropriate organisation if needed.
The proposed hosting organisation should agree to provide in-kind support for the group in the form of:
- A meeting room
- Infrastructure such as access to a computer/ on-line meeting platform for communications (e.g.Zoom) including the covering the cost
- A staff liaison person to assist in organisation
- Facilitating training, capacity building and support for the group facilitators
- Facilitating access to case management and counselling support for group members as needed
- Consideration of ongoing support after initial funding has been used
Applications must address:
- the purpose and activities of the proposed peer-support group
- the personnel involved – leadership and expected numbers attending
- the lead organisation name, ABN and confirmed DGR status, contact person
- the budget, including any in-kind support
Applicants must submit an expression of interest by email to PFA using the appropriate form by 5pm Sunday 2nd May 2021.